Monday, August 9, 2010

Every Time

It happens like this every time
But more frequently now
When did it get this bad?
How did you get this way?

But in a way I understand
I used to be that way too
But it was different
Because I kept it all inside

But you don't, do you?
You scream it for the world
While you're running the streets
Does it help?

It's only getting worse
I never wanted this for you
I don't want it for you now
I wish I could just bring a solution

It's hard sitting here
Just watching
A part of me dies for you
Every single time

But you don't care
You don't see
No matter how hard I try
No matter what I do

I pray that you find
The freedom I have found
Freedom from hate
Freedom to forgive

But for now
Every time I will be here
Watching and praying
That it all will end

No comments:

Post a Comment